|Posted by RadioJinglesVIP on September 30, 2011 at 10:00 AM|
Despite the publicity and hype that it gets, Pandora, a web service that poses as an “internet radio” station, has a handful of incapability.
1. No On-Demand – despite its “customized radio” claim-to-fame, Pandora cannot really play a certain song by request, just like how you’d want a YouTube video to be played in a click.
2. Not More Than Four Songs By Same Artist – yep, your iPod is far better. Pandora cannot let you listen more than 4 songs from a certain artist within 3 hours.
3. No Playlist – you don’t dictate Pandora what to play based on your preferred playlist. They are the ones suggesting what you should hear.
4. No Replay – again, your mp3 gadget is way better. There is no replay, no rewind.
5. No Cache – if you plan on trying to hack and get the source file of their songs, Pandora won’t let you do that since it does not cache or save the streaming song unlike regular mp3 streaming on a browser. If you want to hear the music offline, you need to purchase.
6. No Unlimited Skips –yes, so if you don’t like a song, you just need to bear with it. They have no plans of ever implementing an unlimited number of skips.
So there you have it. Pandora is a great service though and I believe it’s a great thing for independent artists for their music to be discovered.
But if you are just probably looking for a real radio, you might just as well tune in to your favorite internet streaming radio.
Categories: Tips & Info