|Posted by RadioJinglesVIP on November 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM|
Apple’s own internet radio service may be launching in 2013, buy how is Pandora reacting to it.
Well, finally, they have broken their silence.
CTO Tom Conrad bares it all:
“I can say that generally I am not terribly competition-centric in my thinking of Pandora. We show up to work everyday with one goal, to make the best playlists in the world and get them in the hands of our listeners. With that focus, the competition sorts itself out.”
“But my sense about Apple entering streaming radio is that Pandora will continue to do the same things we've done all these years and the rest will sort itself out.”
To add, here are 5 convincing reasons why Pandora won’t be intimated or worried about any new internet services coming up.
1. Pandora is an all-important app made for iPhone, which means Pandora is among the main reasons people love iPhone.
2. Even Microsoft bows down to Pandora. Upon releasing Windows Phone 8 gave away one year free of Pandora One premium.
3. They are ahead of the competitors and would-be. They just released Pandora 4.0.
4. They’ve been to hell and back, since they started in 2005, they’ve faced the giants like Yahoo, AOL, and Microsoft, so anything new even from another giant like Apple, is a piece of cake for them.
5. Pandora is coming up with huge updates very soon.
iHeart Radio, Apple Internet Radio, Xbox Music, and even the upcoming SiriusXM Personalized Radio, whatever comes their way, Pandora isdetermined to go up and won’t be affected any time soon by these competitors.
Categories: Radio News