|Posted by RadioJinglesVIP on March 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM|
We asked a few radio stations, FM and internet radio, about how they get their station to sound great without shelling out lots of money.
1. Stick with one producer. It’s all about building relationships. Your loyalty will be rewarded with discounts and freebies.
2. Choose the appropriate voiceover for your station fromat. It’s okay to jump from one voice guy to another especially if you’re still experimenting. Just like number 1, once you found the right voice, stick with him/her. If you are lucky, you could get a radio producer who also voices his own works.
3. Plan your imaging.
4. Think first before sending that script/copy. Trim and take out those extra words, make your sweepers concise and yet still understandable.
5. Go for a retainer.
6. If not, use stock jingles. It’s not bad, there are a few companies out there that offer pre-produced imaging at affordable prices for those grab and go jingle needs.
7. Go for producers that give you more.
It actually depends on how you view “savings”. Just because something is cheap, doesn’t mean you have already saved a few cents.
Some production companies give more flexibality to each jingle you order. Meaning, they give you extra cuts, fx and elements, and alternate versions that will help expand the lifespan of the jingle.